NEWS UPDATE: On JULY 17, 2014, Bald is Beautiful undertook another large rescue, this time, pulling 11 dogs from an Indiana shelter and transporting them to Greenville, SC. These Chinese Cresteds are part of a group of 68 dogs (mostly chihuahuas) that had been living in deplorable conditions. You can watch the original news story for more information about where they came from.
What's most important is what lies in their future: vet care, lots of love and support, and eventually, forever homes. If you would like to help BisB deal with the challenges of taking in such a large group, we welcome your support in the following ways:
- Vet expenses for this group will be larger than we typically see, and of course, they're coming all at one time. Please consider sponsoring the Kentucky 11 through our website, with donations of any amount. Better yet, shop for some clothes and round up your purchase with an additional donation.
- Bedding is changed and crates are cleaned at least once a day. Our washing machine rarely stops, and volunteers are constantly working to keep the environment clean. We are in need of a variety of supplies, and are burning through our cleaning supplies. We'd welcome gift cards from Walmart or Petsmart, etc., and also invite people to shop our Amazon Wish List. Donations can be mailed to BisB, PO Box 8971, Greenville, SC 29604.
- If you are interested in adopting one of these dogs, please be patient. They are all undergoing alterations (spay/neuter) and most of them need dental surgery. Many have eye issues as well. Once they are ready, they'll move on to foster homes and then be listed for adoption. Our job is to get to know the personalities that go along with these adorable faces, and figure out what type of home would be the best match. Inquiries are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"It takes a village to raise a child, and Bald is Beautiful is the perfect loving village to help raise and rehabilitate all the wonderful pups that are so lucky to be embraced by them. We are so grateful every day for everything that you did for Emmett!" (L-A, Canada)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
CLICK HERE TO SPONSOR AUDREY OR WATCH HER VIDEO.
Want to support the work of Bald is Beautiful?
We welcome donations but, of course, a super-fun way to help us raise money is by shopping in our store. All store items are sewn and donated by volunteers and proceeds all go straight back into the rescue.
Who We Are
Bald Is Beautiful Hairless and Small Breed Rescue, Inc. is a national 501c3 non profit organization. We are an independent rescue whose members- all volunteers- have over 25 years of combined experience in the rescue and rehabilitation of dogs in need. Our members’ reasons for being in rescue are varied from being compassionate lifetime dog lovers to having bought that “cute little puppy in the window” only to have our hearts broken when they became ill from being born to sick mothers kept in deplorable conditions. Or when we sadly discovered that the “home raised” pups were, in reality, puppy mill puppies. Whatever brought us to BisB, we stay because we have seen our hard work and dedication pay off in changing the lives of so many deserving dogs.
"When I see one of my fosters going to a forever home,
it brings back all the joy I felt when I adopted from BisB.
It's wonderful to know that so much happiness can come from
opening your heart and home to a dog in need." ~KM
It’s simple really....Bald Is Beautiful specializes in the rescue and placement of abused, unwanted and abandoned dogs. We concentrate on hairless and small breed dogs (and are known by many as a Chinese Crested rescue) but will never discriminate on the basis of health, age or breed.
By involving and educating the community through our various web pages and fundraisers Bald Is Beautiful works to raise the public’s awareness of the plight of the homeless animals, as well as realizing the benefits of adopting a dog in need. Our dogs are examined, vaccinated, spayed or neutered and receive all medical treatments that our vets deem necessary before they are placed in carefully screened forever homes.
"BiB is such a fabulous organization, ya'll are amazing.
Pippa is so fortunate to have been rescued by BiB
and I am even more fortunate to have her as my little girl now.
Thank you for all you do for these little ones." (CM, Louisiana)
How Can You Support Bald Is Beautiful?
ADOPT: Of course, one of the best ways to support this rescue group is by adopting one of our fantastic dogs. We work with potential adopters and help ensure your home will be a good match for the dog you choose. But we do realize adopting a new pet is a lifelong commitment. Not everyone's able to do that right now, so consider other ways you can support our organization.
SHOP: What’s more fun than supporting Bald Is Beautiful by shopping! Visit our store to find jammies, collars and other items made with love by our volunteer members.
Proceeds go directly towards the costs of the dogs in our care.
DONATE TIME: We are always in need of foster homes and volunteers. Foster homes provide a safe, loving home for our dogs until they are ready to go to forever homes. Volunteers are needed for projects such as sewing, marketing, fundraising and transportation.
SPREAD THE WORD: Join our facebook page, invite your friends to join, follow us on twitter, share information about adoptable dogs, contests and other projects. Word-of-mouth is the most effective strategy for helping our dogs find loving forever homes.
DONATE MONEY: Of course, you can also make a monetary donation to the rescue. We are a national 501c3 non profit organization. Your donations may be tax deductible. Consult your tax professional. 100% of donations go directly to the care of the dogs.
Donations can be made by clicking on the PayPal button below.
Or mail to PO Box 8971, Greenville, SC 29604. Thank you!
*if you donate via paypal, please type "donation" in the memo field.*
"There is SO much love put into these dogs. Anyone fortunate enough to adopt one can see it in the first rate quality of EVERYTHING from beginning to end. Actually there really isn't an end, you become part of the BIB family." (JN, New Jersey)